Now more than ever, skincare and cosmetics brands are abandoning animal testing and choosing a cruelty-free approach to cosmetics and beauty to produce clean beauty products.
Beauty companies are choosing sustainability over destruction
Most big and small companies are choosing to cut back on the harm they are causing to animals, our planet, and human beings.
Generally, that’s a huge improvement for anyone who truly cares about reducing their negative impact and making this world a better place for humans and animals.
However, there is a difference between ending animal testing and forming natural vegan products – one difference that is not clear to most consumers.
Here is a detailed explanation about vegan skincare and why it might be the number one choice for your daily routine.
Food For Thought. What's the difference between vegan skincare and cruelty-free skincare?
Vegan skincare products
The difference between cruelty-free skincare and vegan skincare can cause confusion to some people. What's important to remember is this: Simply because a skincare product is labeled cruelty-free, it doesn't imply that it's automatically vegan.
If a skincare product is vegan, this means that none of its ingredients originated from an animal. Zero animal ingredients, zero animal by-products, or animal-derived products. Instead, every ingredient is sourced from plants to form clean and sustainable beauty products.
Eliminating animal products from your skincare products means ditching a lot of tissues and toxic additives that come along with these products, especially if your skin is sensitive or has other particular concerns.
Additionally, plants are the principal source of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants, all of which are the ideal way to protect, hydrate, and nourish your precious skin. So, you deserve to take off enough time to ensure that it's only natural, non-toxic ingredients that you are using on your epidermis.
Vegan Skin Care: A Gift to Mother Nature
It's not only you and the animals who will gain from sustainable, vegan skincare products. Choosing to use products with plant-based ingredients on your skin is good for planet Earth too.
The rearing and processing of animals for food and other product ingredients is so hard in the environment we live in. According to research, animal agriculture causes more greenhouse gas emissions than the whole transportation industry. Today, the livestock farming industry is also a primary cause of deforestation, pollution, and dead zones in water bodies.
Therefore, choosing plants as alternatives helps reduce all these atrocities. It’s mainly about minimizing that environmental footprint.
Benefits of vegan skincare products to you
Simply because you choose to use vegan skincare products from incredible skincare brands like RitualElement doesn't mean you must label yourself vegan or adjust your entire lifestyle.
- Vegan skincare products are inclusive and good for most skin types, no matter what you eat or wear. Vegan skincare ingredients are natural, minimal, and nourishing to your skin. This means that they are least likely to cause irritation or other shortcomings of using harsh chemicals, animal ingredients, or other additives.
- They provide you with effective anti-aging benefits. Clean and natural vegan skincare ingredients can give you the best anti-aging skincare outcomes. These products are made with all-natural antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and botanical extracts, which help to rejuvenate your skin, leaving you with a healthy glow.
- Plants are the greatest source of nutrients and human-friendly antioxidants, which makes them a good component of your skincare products. Take a look at it this way: Would you rather apply Vitamin C, rosewater, and aloe on your skin or instead use harmful parabens, polyethylene, and toluene?
Plant-based ingredients in skincare products are a good choice for you to achieve that glow you are aiming for on your skin.
Cruelty-free on the other side typically defines products that are not tested on animals. However, some of these products on the market may still contain animal ingredients like cow milk and lanolin (a fatty substance obtained from sheep wool), and others.
Every year, more than 500,000 animals are harmed, tortured, and slaughtered for animal testing objectives for beauty products. And that's simply one problem. Over 100 million animals in the USA alone are used for testing in other industries and for other intentions as well. These include the food and drugs industry, medical and biological training, scientific experiments, and research, among others.
All these animals are collected in heavily crowded cages and live miserably there. They are not safeguarded from abuse and are instead tortured and mishandled beyond ethical limits. These animals are only bred and kept alive so long as they can be utilized for animal testing in the beauty industry. Afterward, these companies, which conduct the animal tests just abandon or kill them in the cruelest ways you can think about.
Many consumers today are still not aware of the correlation between the cosmetics industry and the unkind treatment of animals. So, have you ever considered the fact that your beauty and skincare products may be causing more danger to animals?
A cruelty-free brand is one that only manufactures and sells products that have not been tested on animals.
At ZEERO, there are many measures put in place to ensure that you purchase beauty and skincare products, which are vegan and free from animal cruelty in support of mother nature and other fellow earthlings. In stock is a variety of vegan and cruelty-free sustainable skincare products that you can choose from at an affordable price.
Benefits of cruelty-free skincare products to you
- Cruelty-free skincare products are typically healthier. When you decide to use skin care products, which aren't tested on animals, you are also eliminating the harsh chemicals like sulfates, parabens, and synthetic dyes. Cruelty-free skincare products are a good choice for your skin and can lead to fewer breakouts, inflammation, and allergies. Brands like RitualElement don't want to hurt animals as they want to avoid harming humans too. Save the animals, plus your adorable skin.
- Using cruelty-free skincare products leads to more mindful beauty practices. Narrowing your skincare options to cruelty-free products will provide you with a better experience in the beauty world. Fewer product choices lead to more mindful decisions and the chance to truly use a product that adds more value to your body and routine. Bathrooms and wardrobes overloaded with products you can’t use at a go will be a thing of the past.
- You retain the power to create and be the change in cruelty-free campaigns. Choosing only to buy cruelty-free skincare products sends a message that animal testing is not right. If more people take a stand, companies start to adjust their toxic practices and cruelty-free becomes the standard. So, spend your money where your heart is. There are numerous successful brands like RitualElement that don't practice animal testing.
- Save more money. Most companies dealing in cruelty-free products sell their high-quality products at subsidized prices. Save more money while also saving innocent animals.
- Cruelty-free skincare products are usually eco-friendly. This is mainly because of their ingredients. Since most cruelty-free skincare products are natural and contain fewer chemicals, there are minimal toxins present in these products that are eventually released into the atmosphere.
10 vegan and cruelty-free skincare and beauty products 2021
- Tides Sore Muscle Balm. This is the balm that soothes your body aches, pains, and sore muscles. So, you’ve decided to concentrate on getting a little healthier and you start to engage in physical exercises. Your first workout goes well, and you are so excited about this new experience in your life.
That is, until the following morning when you are very sore and are having a hard time getting out of bed. You ask yourself, “What is with me?” “Did I do something wrong?” Muscle soreness is a side effect of the stress exerted on your muscles while you exercise. It is usually termed as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and it's a normal encounter. DOMS typically starts within 6 to 8 hours after engaging in a new activity or change in activity and can last for up to 48 hours after the exercise. As you exercise, you tend to stress your muscles and their fibers start to break down. As the fibers repair themselves, they get larger and stronger than they were before.
Muscle pain is because of inflammation within your muscles, which is one of the major causes of this soreness. Everyone is at risk for muscle soreness, even bodybuilders and other professional trainers and athletes. The encouraging news is that normal muscle soreness is a symbol that you are growing stronger, and there is nothing you should fear about it.
Don't allow muscle soreness after your physical workouts to get you down! You can always apply Tides sore muscle pain on the affected area. Apply a small portion to your sore muscles and massage in as necessary. Don't apply it to sensitive areas or mucus membranes and don't ingest. It soothes aches, sore muscles, and pains.
- Gilded Glow Sugar Body Scrub. It exfoliates dead, dry skin away while moisturizing with decadent toasted almonds and organic sugar cane sugar.
As you grow older, the process of cell regeneration reduces. This means that your body is slower to shed skin cells and generate new ones. Once old skin cells begin to accumulate on the surface of your skin, they can leave your skin looking dull, dry, and rough. Furthermore, the accumulation of dead skin cells can result in excess clogged pores and oil, causing acne and blemishes.
This body scrub offers you proper exfoliation and removes the barrier of dead skin cells clogging your skin and unleashes fresh new cells below. This creates space for other moisturizing products to penetrate more deeply into your skin and increases their effect on you.
In short, a regular exfoliating routine with Gilded glow sugar body scrub will leave your skin surface with a fresh and healthy appearance. This product will help you fight cellulite, wrinkles, and stretch marks.
For amazing results, massage the Gilded glow sugar body scrub generously into your skin immediately after a hot water shower. Rinse any excess sugar crystals thoroughly well.
- Mango Coconut Shea Body Butter. Here is the shea body butter with 100% All-natural ingredients. It is excellent at relieving itchy, dry skin, reduces skin irritation and stretch marks, and restores electricity. This product is made of organic coconut oil, which helps bolster your skin's protective layer and also traps moisture inside, and keeps your skin supple and hydrated.
The coconut oil used in this product has anti-inflammatory properties, making it ideal for chafed skin. It works best if you use this Mango coconut shea body butter every day after a warm shower on damp skin. Its mango coconut scent will give you the sweet sensation you crave for.
- Whipped Body Butter. Use this product to keep your skin healthy and deeply moisturized. What’s more is that this Whipped body butter is rich in fatty acids and vitamins, which are ideal for skin softening.
- Orange + Eucalyptus Shampoo Bar. Aha! Wash your hair gently with natural ingredients, which are present in this moisturizing shampoo bar. This product will excite you as it makes a thick foam, which cleans your scalp and hair deeply while leaving behind a mesmerizing scent of eucalyptus and orange.
Additionally, this all-natural shampoo bar contains mango butter, which moisturizes and nourishes your hair, repairs damaged and split ends, and makes your hair so soft.
- Hydrating SPF 30 Lip Balm. The Hydrating SPF 30 lip balm is all-natural, organic, and leaves your lips feeling protected and soft. It is made up of non-nano zinc oxide, which provides your lips with broad-spectrum protection that is easy to apply and leaves no visible white residue on your lips. The key ingredients in this lip balm include shea butter, sweet almond oil, and beeswax. No more basic lip balm.
We carry a variety of vegan and cruelty-free skincare and beauty products for you to choose from. Our products are made in recycled packaging, the ingredients are always paraben-free with no artificial dyes. We use natural ingredients for sustainable living.